Thursday, April 19, 2012

Building the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 KR paper model




The kit is available here or here. The author is unknown. If any of you are the author of this model please email me so I can give you proper credit.

This is a beautiful model. Unfortunately there were no build instructions and only a single picture of it, so it was a bit of a puzzle to assemble. The kit comes with 2 textures, this one and a solid red with with striping.

This is an edge to edge model, which means any glue tabs are behind the pieces instead of attached to the pieces. This gives a nice smooth finish to the model instead of a layered look. Its a little more difficult as the parts have to be cut with exact precision and a thin layer of glue applied to the edge of the part without globing the glue.

The wheels turn and the steer wheels are possible. The Steering mechanism did not include all the parts to assemble it so I had to do some creative engineering to get it to work correctly and stiffen it up.




I like to document my builds , So here are the build pictures. Enjoy!!!

Some folks are having difficulties with the authors posting so I re-packaged the kit and put in my google docs, go to "File\Download" the kit here.


4 comments:

  1. It's amazing that the Ford Shelby model was actually made out of paper; it looks like plastic or more solid to me.

    Dallas Ford Dealers

    ReplyDelete
  2. De Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 Super Snake is de meest gespierde waarschijnlijk een van de muscle cars. GeigerCars biedt nu de coupe in Duitsland is niet officieel aangeboden voor 71.900 euro als invoer uit de VS.

    Amazing Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please give me the Instructions??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muchas Gracias y a Disfrutar..!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete